for Sale to Gorgo al Monticano
Nimaan & Partners offers Villa Foscarini Cornaro, built in the middle of the sixteenth century and home to the highest names of 'Venetian aristocracy', is a Renaissance architecture gem set in the green Venetian countryside, just a short distance from the ancient Roman city of Oderzo and a few kilometers from Venice and Cortina d'Ampezzo. Lady Elizabeth Foscarini Cornaro was born of one of the most prestigious families of Venice, the Cornaro's. This noble woman was 4 times named to the ducal throne, and her sister, Caterina Cornaro, became Queen of Cyprus. In 1712 she married the "Attorney of San Marco" Pietro Foscarini. The groom was born October 26, 1680 and held the office of "Captain of Vicenza." On August 29th, 1745 Pietro Foscarini died, leaving his widow Elizabeth all his possessions. Elizabeth also called the "Procuratessa" (the procurer) retired to the Villa in "Gurgo Muleudimorum (Gorgo al Monticano) where the main activity was the production of silk and the harvesting of grains. Elizabeth became friend and lover to Marco Foscarini, the fifty-ninth Doge of Venice and brother of her deceased husband, Marco and Elizabeth lived and remained the owners of Villa Foscarini Cornaro until the year 1811. Villa Foscarini Cornaros hotel and Ristorante Foscarini maintains a 5-star rating from the Treviso Tourism Board. During the Second World War, Villa Foscarini Cornaro was as German barracks and then became a Ministerial Office. Villa Foscarini Cornaro, after its careful restoration, is currently a stately home where respect for history reigns supreme.
Body A - The Villa
The first building that meets after the entrance to the Residenza and overlooking the park with centuries-old plants is the ancient Villa, now used as a 5 star Hotel.
In the basement: reception, entertainment rooms, lounges, breakfast rooms and a library with a large meeting table. Antique furniture, with crystals, paintings, carpets, antiques. Through the stairs and corridors of glittering marble and illuminated by Murano crystals, you reach the 1st and 2nd floor, where there are all the typology of rooms, all with different furnitures. Many with original beams at sight. The hotel stands out for the exclusivity of the rooms, the generosity of the spaces and offers 26 rooms consisting of: 3 single rooms; 14 double "Charme"; 3 junior suites; 6 suites all furnished with care and elegance but equipped with the latest technology. The most important rooms in the villa are represented by the "Clock Room", Venetian blinds "Doge Foscarini" and "Regina Cornaro" and in particular the "Marco Polo" Suite made in Torre Colombaia.
Body B - Ex Barchessa
Former Barchessa is a two floors building, with a deep porch overlooking the park. On the ground floor there are large salons, perfect for parties, weddings, banquets and receptions that can fit up to 350 seats. The finishes and the furnishings are in themselves a great patrimony, Venetian columns and floors made by marble, tradicional Venetian upholstery in red and gold, and beautiful and protagonists are the majestic Murano glass chandeliers placed in the center of Cornaro Room, Della Musica Room and Four Seasons Room. Just in the Four Seasons Room there is a section of the 500's with golden frescoes on the walls.
Body C - Ex Stable and Barn
Entering from the central entrance of the building, still made up of the original pavement crossed by the carriages to enter the storage, there is, on one side, the Pizzeria Birmania with its 350 seats. Furnished with original pieces from Burma as profiled gold panels, paintings, vases, Buddha statue and colored lamps. There is also a small room, separated only by crystal walls and antique wooden doors. On the other side, the charming disco, Mood, licensed for a total of 560 people, completely black is lighted by video and movie projections. On the ground floor, there is also Cantinaccia, a rustic wine bar with typical Venetian food. Meat and fish dishes with a wide selection of products from the neighboring areas. Top floor: there is a large hall fitted for gala dinners or congresses with a maximum capacity of 1000 seats. Rustic wood floors and a single wooden roof with exposed beams make for a great look. A kitchen next to the hall is equipped for the preparation of food. All kitchens are individually equipped with dishwashers, ovens, crushers, preparation plans, as well as crockery and glassware.
Body D - Ex Stables
This restaurant si dedicated to fish but also to meat, called "Ristorante Foscarini", refined and elegant but also warm and informal, where taste and emotion marry with tradition and conviviality. The rooms, not too large, are decorated with items of absolute uniqueness. The Pozzo Hall, where the protagonist is the ancient well, is a special and cozy restaurant room with french fittings and curtains. Old stairs used to reach the barn, nowadays connects to the "Soppalco Marocchino", mix an elegant Venetian style that blends Moroccan influences, with lanterns and damask pillows. In the loft we find a marvellous fireplace that attributes a warm atmosphere and a piano that makes the environment similar to the gallery of a theater. Suitable for a private party or a slightly informal business dinner. The Riga Hall, which originally hosted the stable, still retained the hooks to which the oxen were bound. The decorations remind the traditional stables with the walls painted in the colors of white and red striped. In the middle of the room there is a precious "Cà Rezzonico" style Murano glass chandelier. The garden is usually used for wedding photography sets. L'orangerie is now converted in a precious French-style dining room with the faces of a typical winter garden full of plants, flowers and refined furnishings. Particular is the most prestigious fountain made in majolica. The Lounge Bar is realised in the old stables, with beamed ceilings and a huge bar counter. Dedicated to guests for after dinner drinks or private events. The Foscarini Archive is the reproduction of a large library with copies of books of every subject and genre and with display of antiques. The archive is located in the "Piazzetta dei Moreri" where we also find "Palafitte Vip", bar service organized during summer special events . At night, the driveway is illuminated with lanterns and Roman torches. The square is suitable for 400 seats served by the Pizzeria Birmania.
Just after the entrance gates and the side of the Villa, between the vegetation is the outdoor pool with seasonal opening from May to September with a summer bar which allows a snack service and a restaurant by the pool. Large relax area equipped with large umbrellas and outdoor furniture, framed by a lawn garden, flowers and plants, suitable also for children, who have room for games. The hotel offers guests courtesy service complete with pool towels and a poolside massage on request. The pool is equipped with showers and changing rooms.
Last update 15-06-2017